A simple summer dish. This is so easy, there really isn’t even a recipe, but here goes….
I am purposefully not giving amounts— this should be a low stress dish to make.
- boneless chicken breasts (either sliced thin or pounded out)
- herbs de provence
- fresh tomatoes, chopped (see note)
- garlic, minced
- fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bunch blue kale, thick ribs removed, chopped and sauteed in olive oil until soft
- 1 package gnocchi (fresh from the refrigerator section of you super market) sauteed according to package.
Chop the tomatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Add the chopped basil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil and stir to combine. Set aside.
Coat the chicken with olive oil and season liberally with salt, pepper and herbs de provence.
Grill on both sides until cooked through. (You can also just saute them or use a grill pan on the stove)
Place the sauteed kale on a platter. Arrange the chicken on top of the kale and then top with the tomato mixture. Drizzle a touch of balsamic reduction on top. Serve with the gnocchi.
Dinner is served!
I didn't give amounts because you can add as much garlic, basil etc, as you like. I would estimate that you will need at least one tomato per serving. I made 3 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into 6 pieces and I had about 2 cups of chopped tomatoes.