Apricot Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature (plus more for greasing pans)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cups sifted cake flour (measured after sifting) See note.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup apricot jam
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with butter and coat with flour, shake off excess.
Place the butter, cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitter with the paddle attachment and beat until light, and fluffy about 4 minutes. Scrape down bowl to make sure it is well mixed.
Add the eggs one at a time with the mixer on low. Make sure they are beat in before adding the next egg. Mix in the vanilla and the seeds.
Combine the flour and the salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour slowly. Scrape down to sides to make sure it is well combined.
Pour half the mixture into the loaf pan. Dollop half of the apricot jam over the batter. Pour the rest of the batter on top and then dollop the rest of the jam over it.
Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
I subbed a combo of AP flour and cornstarch for cake flour. Just replace one tablespoon of flour in each cup of flour with the corn starch.