Lemon Yougurt Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt 1 cup of the sugar, the eggs, zest and vanilla.
Add the dry ingredient to the wet and whisk to combine. Using a rubber spatula fold the vegetable oil into the batter.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes. (test, I had to cook mine for another 10 minutes)
In a small sauce pan, mix the lemon juice with 1/3 cup of sugar and cook until melted. Drizzle over the cake while it's still warm.
You can add a glaze using confectioners sugar and lemon juice, but I prefer it without.