This is an easy way to impress the artichoke lover in your life.
- 2 cans artichoke hearts quartered
- 1 red onion, 1/2” dice
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 5-7 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- olive oil
- a good bread for serving, (grilled with olive oil if you can)
In a large saute pan, cook the onions over medium heat until soft.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, raisins, pine nuts, red pepper flakes and garlic and cook until it is all heated through. Taste for seasoning. Remove from the heat and add all of the herbs and mix to combine.
For the bread, coat each slice with with olive oil and grill. Using a garlic clove that’s been cut in half, run the cut side on the grilled bread.
Top the bread with the artichoke mixture and drizzle with a little more olive oil if you like.